What are the health and safety factors in construction sites?
The construction industry is plagued with risks left and right. Construction ...
The digital device used to track time in construction project management is known as a timecard. The purpose of a timecard is to allow you to track your project management information and your hours and decisions so that the start date and the end date can be aligned.
A construction timecard is considered an essential tool for construction workers, managers and project managers, as it helps you accurately track the amount of time spent on each task or activity during a specific project.
Timecards not only help to keep track of your work hours but also allow you to see who is doing what at any given point in time. The most significant advantage of incorporating timecards into your construction management is that it enhances transparency, helping you understand how long each activity takes so that no one can accuse you of wasting time or slacking off. Read the following article to understand how timecard apps can be helpful for your company.
Traditionally, obsolete methods such as physically logging in the time or punch-in method were used to track time in a construction site. Nowadays, construction timecard apps are utilised. However, many business owners need help with this. Here are ten reasons to switch to a timecard app:
• Ease of usage: Employees find using such apps easy since they are on the phones, and employees do not have to worry about losing the physical timecard or timesheet. They can log in when they enter the construction site and clock out when they are done without remembering when they got into the job site or left. With the help of a simple click, everything is recorded.
• Accountability: Using such apps increases accountability compared to a paper timesheet; the location is accurately updated in addition to the time spent at the specific location. This means managers can now check how much time is spent at a specific location and compare it to field notes, thereby increasing employee accountability.
• Enhanced productivity: Using such apps, managers can figure out how productive specific projects are. This is because this kind of app provides better data estimates, helping you correlate how much time employees spend on specific tasks so that you can make an informed decision regarding the delegation of tasks and workflow assimilation.
• Fewer errors: The error rate in the majority of the payroll software that takes data from physical timecards is almost 5%, according to empirical studies. In contrast, using a construction timecard app can help reduce payroll errors, as the data is easily exportable. This also reduces human error and the possibility of someone hitting the wrong key or misreading a number and costing you money.
• Time: Time is money in the business world, and a construction timecard app will significantly save your business in the long run. This is because you do not have to worry about manually entering information into a spreadsheet. Mobile timesheet apps reduce the time spent preparing the information, as information is already accessible.
• Fast approval: A lot of time is wasted on bureaucratic procedures. To approve paper timesheets, someone needs to go through them, sign them, and finally approve them. Many times, timesheets get rejected, and employees have to re-draw them. This is a waste of time for both the employees and managers. On the other hand, using a mobile app connects field workers to the office in real-time, improving their communication. As a result, employees immediately determine if the timesheet is accepted or rejected.
• Auto-export: Such apps simplify and streamline processes by allowing you to export data from timecards directly into the accounting software.
• Multi-processing: Some apps allow managers to see how much time is spent on the site and which job role the employees are performing, thereby helping you in your billing processes. This data is crucial for local, county or state taxes.
• Verification: Employees will get a verification every time they apply for overtime, helping to streamline the process and allowing you to gain more control over your business.
• Audits: As their fluctuations in wage and litigations, keeping a tight grip over timesheets help you mitigate any issues that can arise in the future. A construction timesheet app helps to keep everything in a secure location, allowing you to pull out all timecards easily.
For a truly effective time-tracking app, ensure that it has geo-fencing, GPS tracking, and employee scheduling features. Additionally, the app should have communication tools and a central knowledge base so that employees can access real-time data.
• Connectteam, software that offers advanced time tracking capabilities such as one-touch clock-in and geofencing but has issues with payroll integration.
• Hubstaff is gaining popularity in the construction site but has issues regarding subscriptions, and most of the integrations are still in development.
• Edara Software is an all-in-one software that helps with your communication, scheduling, task management, forms, checklists, payroll integration, and time-management needs and has readily available automated timesheets.
A construction timecard is an excellent tool for everyone, as it can help you with your project management, allowing you to organise your work daily. Mobile apps make it easier for everyone involved to understand task allocation and time strains.
Fill the form for a call back to get a free Demo